Search This Blog

Sunday, March 9, 2014

The Twenty-Eighth Day: Trafalgar Square & The National Gallery

Sorry my recent posts have been lack-luster as far as writing goes. I know how much you guys love my witty banter with myself. I just got so involved in enjoying my time here that I got a little lax on blogging, and then I got WAY behind, and it was just a bad downhill spiral. I'll try not to do that again, 'kay? I mean, I really appreciate the five of you who read this thing.

Thursday, March 6

Chris was still in Scotland on this day. I took the opportunity to explore an area of town I hadn't been to before, because it was a lovely, sunny day.

I went to Trafalgar Square. It was PACKED with people. Very touristy. Don't know why I thought it might be otherwise.

Nelson's Column, est. 1843 
One of Four Lion's at Base of Nelson's Column





The National Gallery, est. 1824


View from the door of the National Gallery. 
I popped into the National Gallery to check out some art. I foolishly asked if they allow photos in the gallery. A doorman sniggered at me and said "No." Well, it was worth a shot. Other museums allow it, but this one's too fancy. I should have known. ;)

It's a good thing all the art there is super famous and on the internet! I present some of my favourite pieces:

Bathers (Les Grandes Baigneuses)

about 1894-1905, Paul Cézanne

Coastal Scene

about 1892, Théo van Rysselberghe

A Wheatfield, with Cypresses

1889, Vincent van Gogh


The Hill above Harlech

about 1917, William Nicholson


Miss La La at the Cirque Fernando

1879, Hilaire-Germain-Edgar Degas

The Thames below Westminster

about 1871, Claude Monet

Two Crabs

1889, Vincent van Gogh

Long Grass with Butterflies

1890, Vincent van Gogh


It appears I really love Van Gogh. Good thing I'll be going to the Van Gogh Museum while I'm in Amsterdam tomorrow. No big deal. 

Cheers!
Kami & Chris, the Pseudo-Londoners

1 comment:

  1. While in Amsterdam you should also try to get to the Rijksmuseum; one of the great art museums in the world.

    ReplyDelete