Search This Blog

Friday, March 21, 2014

The Thirty-Sixth Day, Part Two: The London Eye, Carshow

Saturday, March 15: 

Okay. Here we go. After leaving the Tower of London, we walked over to The London Eye. I was so excited for this, but also terrified due to my aforementioned fear of heights. It actually wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. So that was good. I was way more scared on the roof of Bath Abbey. Probably because of the creaky rooftop.



We purposely timed it to be on the wheel at sunset.
Nailed it.
Beautiful view of Parliament.  
Fancy little pods that you ride in with like 20 other people. 

Jubilee Bridge

I was maybe gripping Chris's shirt out of terror. 
I spy with my little eye... St. Paul's Cathedral! What do YOU spy?
Oh look, there it is! St. Paul's.
The Shard and The Moon in The Sunset. 
Don't look at this picture too long, Dad. You'll get woozy, like I do.
I was leaning on the glass to get this shot when Chris grabbed me and said,
"Maybe DON'T lean on the doors..."
And pointed to a sign that said "DON'T LEAN ON THE DOORS!"
Yipes. 

My lovely, lovely Thames. I will miss you when we leave. 


You should see the sequence of photos following this one.
You can see the point where Chris realizes I'm taking his photo.
 He gets real silly. I love this goofball.






After the 30 minute ride, we walked over to a Classic Car Boot Sale! It's basically a swap meet, where they sell vintage items out of the boot of the car. The "trunk" to you Yanks. ;)







It seems the Sissons are able to find classic car shows wherever we go. My older brothers found one in Dubai a few weeks ago, I find this one in London... It's probably genetically coded into our DNA. My dad would be proud. 

We sauntered back home over the Jubilee Bridge, and got one last look at the skyline in the sunset. 




I love, love, love my new city. What a perfect day.

Cheers!
Kami & Chris, the Pseudo-Londoners


No comments:

Post a Comment