Search This Blog

Friday, February 28, 2014

The Twentieth and Twenty-First Days: Movie Quotes and Song Lyrics, Brunch, Chris's Camera Catch-Up, Stockholm

I'm combining two days into one post. Know why? Because I didn't do much.
Know why I didn't do much? Because I've been getting a cold, and Chris said I need to stop running around a rainy city and take it easy for a few days. Fair.

I'm also doing a Camera Catch-Up from my phone and Chris's Camera.

And then I'll post about Chris's work trip to Stockholm. Sound good? Good.

Wednesday, February 26th

I literally did not leave the flat on this day. I wasn't feeling awesome, so I took the opportunity to rest, like Chris said. I wrote the last blog post, you're welcome.  I FaceTime'd with my mom. I chatted with some friends on FaceBook. And I spent a lot of time finding links to post right now, so you'd better appreciate them. Here they come.

When I walk around London, I'll see a street sign or landmark, and a song or movie will automatically pop into my head.

Prime example. I see this:
and I start singing this:

Pretty obvious one, right? Well there are more.

I see this:
The Royal Albert Hall
And I start singing this. "Now they know how many holes it takes to fill the Albert Hall."

I see this:
The British Museum
And I sing this. "I viewed the morning with alarm, the British Museum had lost its charm."

When I see this:
I sing this. "From Kensington to Billingsgate, one hears the restless cries!"

I see this:
Buckingham Palace
I think this. "That's Buckingham Palace. You plan on livin' there, you're going to have to marry the queen."

This is happening to me all day, every day. I'll post one more, but we'll make a game of it, eh?
When I see this:

I think of a quote from this movie. Whoever knows the quote gets... I don't know, a high five.
I'll probably post more of these, because let's face it, I've got about a million more.

Thursday, February 27

This morning, I went to a fantastic brunch at Raoul's in Notting Hill with some ladies from my ward. I had an awesome Eggs Benedict. SO awesome.

I stole a child because Amy had an extra. She doesn't need two.
That hilarious four-year old in front? She hijacked my phone and took this series of portraits. (Among many others)


But let's talk about Chris, because he spent yesterday and today in Stockholm, Sweden! I didn't go with because I went to Norway, and let's face it, it was pricey.

But look! Look how pretty this place is.


"Chris? What the heck is this bundley badger?" "I don't know, but it has urine on it..."
"I'm not putting this on the blog." "YES, that's why I took the picture" "Gross."












Well, it's just lookin' real nice in Stockholm, I must say.

Camera Catch-Up:






From that kid's tour of the Science Museum that we sneaked into. 
Cool art at the Science Museum
Bayswater Station 
Arancina, an Italian Restaurant in Notting Hill we went to.  
Remember that ice cream I was raving about on facebook? I bought some.
Look at that caramel core. Thank you, Ben & Jerry. You're my best friends.

Cheers!
Kami & Chris, the Pseudo-Londoners

No comments:

Post a Comment