Search This Blog

Saturday, February 15, 2014

The Ninth Day: London England Temple

Saturday, February 15:

This morning, we woke up bright and early (like 6:30am) and caught a bus to our church, where our ward was meeting to go to the temple together!

Because I know there are some people who aren't LDS that follow this blog, if you'd like to know the difference between the temple and a regular meeting house, click here or feel free to email us and ask us questions.

The bus ride down was about an hour and a half, and boy were those seats the worst. There was literally a metal bar going right through the center of each seat. Terrible. Also, I was already grouchy because I wore my high heels to walk to the bus stop, instead of wearing flats. Bad mistake. I'll know for next time.

But we got to the temple, and my attitude changed immediately. There's something calming about being there. You don't have to worry about any errands, or work, or traffic. You get to just be calm and focus on your relationship with God. It's a good chance for me to realign my focus, and straighten out my priorities.

After the temple session, we popped outside for a few photos. Of course. Would you expect anything less from me?

Before the session. The weather was SO BLUSTERY and rainy!
 But I wanted to snap a quick shot before we went in.
After the session. Nice and sunny!


My handsome guy.

Fellow photographers: worst part about photos of yourself is having someone else take them, right? (The crop, it's so tight and crooked. You were all thinking it, FotoFly Family. I'm just saying it wasn't me.)



This building was right across from the temple.
Another instance where I'm not sure what it is, but I want to live in it!


On the bus ride home, we got to know some other lovely couples from our church. The Baxters are particularly awesome, hope we see more of them soon. We walked home from the church through Hyde Park, which is always gorgeous. I took my heels off and walked in just my tights, which was cold, but by far the better alternative. Haha.

After getting home from the temple, we packed for our weekend trip. Tomorrow morning, bright and early (again. So many 'bright and early' mornings), we fly out to Norway! The only thing I know about Norway is VIKINGS, so... this should be interesting. Keep an eye out for more photos!

Cheers!
Kami & Chris, the Pseudo-Londoners



1 comment: