Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

The Fifty-Second Day: Manchester, The Fifty-Third Day: Spamalot, The Fifty-Fourth Day: Costco and King's Cross

Monday, March 31:

Chris went from Brighton to Manchester with barely any time at home in London. He had a meeting with a university there, and stayed in this hotel called Velvet. 


They had a tray with cookies and milk, how adorable is that?
I guess the hotel was in Manchester's Gay Village, 
which would account for all the rainbow flags in the area. haha. ;) 


 I love this sign so much. Look fabulous, everyone.
Right now, London is covered in these pink blossoms. Looks like Manchester is too! 


This is the Manchester Town Hall and it's beautiful. 




No big deal, just a vomiting gargoyle.
"BLAAAAAUUUUUGGGHHHH!!!"

Tuesday, April 1:

I took Chris to see Spamalot today! It's (obviously) based on the Monty Python sketches. Hilarious and very British. There were a bunch of British pop culture references, some I got and some I definitely didn't. We spent the night giggling, though. Very fun. 




I'll miss the Tube when we go home. Is that weird?

Wednesday, April 2:

We went to Costco today, and that's like freakin' Disneyland for Chris. He was so giddy. I love this silly guy. 


We had to document the food court food, because it's different than they serve in the states.
We got a BBQ Chicken Pizza, and a Cumberland Pie.
And the Mango Smoothie they have in the UK is fantastic.
Much better than the Triple Berry Smoothie in the US.

If you want a 3D printer, Costco in London sells it.
Coming home, we hopped off the Tube at King's Cross Station, specifically so I could take this photo:

I love Harry Potter. So sue me.
I was giddier than Chris was about Costco. We all have our silly things, I guess. 

In other news, King's Cross Station is lovely.


Cheers!
Kami & Chris, the Pseudo-Londoners

No comments:

Post a Comment