Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

The Fifty-Eighth Day: Hamley's Toy Store, Skate Park, Boat Race

Sunday, April 6:

During our first month here, on our first bus ride down Regent Street, we saw a GIANT toy store. I'm talking 5-6 stories high. We've been wanting to check it out ever since. Today was that day.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present Hamley's, the oldest and largest toy shop in the world! 

Anyone else think it's weird that the bear is wearing a bearskin hat?
Seriously, there should be rules against this.
They had millions of (very expensive) Steiff Bears!  
And look at these little tiny guys. No bigger than an inch tall!  
Just hanging out with the Royal (Lego) Family.  
I met HRH Queen Elizabeth II!! Who cares if she's made out of plastic bricks! ;) 
*poke*

Lego Sherlock
After Hamley's, we popped into a Skate Park, also on Regent Street. You'd never know it was there, unless you were looking for it. Crazy to see these guys flipping around at break-neck speeds.








And finally, we went to the BNY Mellon Boat Race! Evidently, it's a pretty big deal. (Okay, okay. I knew it was a big deal. But, you know me, I couldn't care less about sports.)
When in Rome.... er... the UK.

We'd decided earlier to cheer for Oxford and NOT Cambridge, solely because Chris visited Oxford's campus.

Go! Go! Go! 
And Oxford wins!!

Poor Cambridge. There's always next year.  

Confession: I spent the majority of the race playing with this pup. I miss my Tando. 



So, there you have it! The BNY Mellon Boat Race. Exciting, right?  ;) 

Cheers!
Kami & Chris, the Pseudo-Londoners

No comments:

Post a Comment