Search This Blog

Friday, September 4, 2015

Meanwhile, in Utah - September, 2014 - Jimmy's Sealing and Photoshoots

This one's a little photo heavy, guys. Let's get right into it.


Pin-Up Photoshoot - September 3, 2014: 

A few photographer friends (Kyle, Austin, Karlie, and Halee) and I decided to do a practice photoshoot at the Great Salt Lake, so I posed in my retro high-waisted bikini! (The Salt Lake smells, by the way. In case you haven't been out there in a while. It was less than pleasant. Haha.)











Alix's Baptism Photoshoot - September 4, 2014:

I then was asked to take some photos at the Timpanogos temple for this sweet girl's baptism. 






Jimmy's Sealing - September 9, 2014:

If there was one reason I was glad about our visas being delayed, this would have been it. (We thought we'd be getting them, and promptly leaving for the UK, in August. Luckily, that didn't happen. BECAUSE it didn't happen, we were able to join my brother, Brock, and his little family in the Timpanogos temple where they were sealed to their 2nd adopted child, Jimmy. He's so cute.)






Costume Cornfield Prep - September 10, 2014: 

In order to promote what was Fotofly's latest venture, we all got together for a spooky night-time photoshoot in a cornfield! Here are some favourites that were taken of me that night.





Willis Family Photoshoot - September 17, 2014:

More outdoor lighting practice meant spending time with some of our best friends and their adorable kiddos! 









Kennedy Family Photoshoot - September 20, 2014:

Then, I went up into the canyons with this cute family from Chris's work! 



Grunge with Hye Soo - September 24, 2014: 

I finished up the month by spending time with one of my best friends from high school. It had been entirely too long since I'd seen her beautiful self, and I'm glad she let me take some photos of her. 
















Stay tuned for October, when we actually move back to the UK!! 

**EDIT:

I found some iPhone photos that I thought had gone missing (AGAIN!) But surprise, here are some more things we did in September.

1) Hogle Zoo! 


Just a lion watching a train go by. The usual. 

This gorilla was waving at Chris. No joke. Chris would wave his hand, and the gorilla would mimic the movement with his foot. It was crazy.

This was the last time that I saw Dari, the matriarchal elephant at the zoo. She passed away on August 8th of this year. She was 55.5 years old. Average life expectancy for elephants in the wild is 42. 


I had just purchased some cheap magnetic lenses for my iPhone, so I took this with the macro lens while we were watching the grizzly in his enclosure. 
 2) This is the Place Heritage Park: In all my 25ish years of living in Utah, I'd never been here before, that I can remember. Actually, my parents may have brought us for a Pioneer Day celebration when I was maybe 6 or 7, but I can't remember if it was at This is the Place, or Wheeler Farm. One of those. Anyway, visiting this place with Chris, everything seemed new to me, regardless of whether I'd already seen it in my childhood. Haha.



More playing with the macro iPhone lens. 

Oh hey there, hairiest cow.


Seriously, this macro lens. It's fun. Shortly after this picture, I dropped it (well, accidentally flung is more like it. It went sailing...)  and made Chris scour the gravel road with me for about 20 minutes until we found it again. I'm amazed we even found it.  





3) Denver Fossil and Gem Show: I joined Brock at a fossil show for the first time. One of the weirdest experiences ever. People are just carrying wads of cash, by the thousands, to buy dinosaurs and gems. So strange. 

This is a really cool Allosaur foot that Brock prepped and mounted. The base of the mount is a cast of how the foot was found in the matrix, almost perfectly articulated. Super cool.

Moroccan Mosasaur

This fish died by choking on another fish, that was too large for him to properly swallow. What a glutton. 

We had to stop at Hammond's Candies for Nancy, to pick up some treats for Halloween. I love this place. They have a chocolate bar with potato chips inside. WHAT?

We ate at a Mexican restaurant called Comida almost every day. It's located inside this old warehouse place called The Source. There are a bunch of cool little cafes, bars, butcher shops, etc inside. It's really neat. 

Serving my Mexi-Coke in a mason jar, like a true hipster establishment.

Oh my gosh, this guacamole, guys. I'd go back to Denver solely to eat this. Amazing.  

Check out that slab of petrified wood. I want to make an end table out of it. 

4) Making faces with Saydee:  This is when I went to help Taylor get ready for her first Homecoming dance. While she was showering, Saydee and I were being silly. I miss this kiddo. We still have ugly face contests via Skype. Haha. 





And also, this was an awesome sky one day while I was driving. (Dangerous.) Just look at those crepuscular rays! 
Okay, NOW that's all. Until I post about October. 

No comments:

Post a Comment