Search This Blog

Thursday, September 3, 2015

Meanwhile, in Utah - August, 2014: Flash Flood, Skyler and Hillary's Wedding

"Estate" Sale - August 1, 2014:

Yup. August 1, 2014 was when we sold literally everything we owned in preparation of moving to the UK. I still regret selling our kitchen table. I loved that thing. But it's okay. This just means all new stuff when we get back, right?




Flash Flood - August 5, 2014: 

On the 5th, our neighborhood had a  huge flash flood, and the neighborhood kids went swimming! I've never seen so much rainwater backed up in the drainage pools. So of course, I wrapped my camera in a garbage bag (true story: I almost typed "bin liner." The Brits are getting to me...) and ventured out in the storm to document!











I'm pretty sure that's not deep enough for diving...





Skyler and Hillary's Wedding - August 9, 2014

YES! They finally tied the knot after like 6 freakin' years, and they asked me to be the photographer. It was such a pretty day, and Hilly was a gorgeous bride. And I'm super happy to have her as a sister.

These first few are from a Bridal session at my parents' house. 

This is my parents' backyard. How beautiful are those stairs?! (This was where Chris and I had our wedding reception, btw. In case if you weren't there.)





These next ones are from the actual ceremony/reception at Conrad Ranch in Provo Canyon.







After the ceremony, and they walked down the aisle together, Sky stopped behind this tree to give her a squeeze. I thought that was real cute.

My cute family!

The lighting was perfect this day. So beautiful.




Cutting the cake

The garter

The bouquet toss (one of the best things about being married is never having to participate in these. Haha.) 
The first dance...

...which my niece Lily promptly interrupted! Haha. 
And their getaway car! For their honeymoon, they drove this thing up the California coastal highways. 

Moving Day - August 16, 2014

My sweet mother-in-law, Sharon, let us live with her while we waited on our UK visas to be granted. Little did we know, it would take until October. 

 (In all reality, neither Chris or I minded too much. Sharon's the best hostess of all time. In our 4 years of marriage, Chris never had so many home-cooked meals, let alone fresh ironed bedsheets every other day. Every time we visit Utah, we still choose to stay with her over going to a  fancy-pants hotel, even though Chris's company would pay for it all. Hotels don't pamper like she does. Haha.)


Other Notable August Things: PHOTOSHOOTS!

I did a few photoshoots with friends, to get a good handle on outdoor lighting concepts. Here are just a few images! 





Alex was such a trooper during this shoot. I made him stand out in the freezing rain forever. Poor guy.
Stay tuned for September, whenever I get around to it. (Probably in about another 6 months, let's be real.)





No comments:

Post a Comment