Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Meanwhile, in Utah - October, 2014 - Costume Cornfield, Grandma's Wedding Dress, Disneyland, Goodbye USA


At the beginning of the month, I went back to Fotofly to help out with their Halloween themed "Costume Cornfield" sessions at Cornbelly's. And they were adorable. Check out Lily, being a goofball. 




Grandma Slater's Wedding Dress - October 6, 2014: 

Jackie, a photographer who was doing Fotofly Academy, needed to do a practice bridal session. I asked my grandpa if I could borrow my grandma's 70-year-old wedding dress. He also let me take her wedding ring to wear.








Grandma Slater's Rings and My Ring. This is her original ring box, that Grandpa proposed with.

Disneyland - October 7, 2015: Nancy, Lily, my mom, and I decided to take a spontaneous trip to Disneyland. I was so glad to be there for Lily's first Disney Trip! It was a blast, and she did so good. Even though she was terrified of Mickey Mouse. We had to keep conditioning her in the lines by saying "It's not scary, it's fun!" And she'd repeat it back to us. That way, when we got on the Pirates ride, or Haunted Mansion, I'd ask her if it was scary. And she's say "Nope! It's fun!" Haha. 




When Lily saw Ariel, she said "Kami! That's you!" 


Everyone needs to have a first visit button! 

Halloween at Disneyland is the best. Plus, they give you so much candy. 



The moment she realized the Storybook Canal Boats go THROUGH Monstro's mouth. She was a bit scared. 


Haha! Trying to be brave and smile, whilst being completely mortified. 

We were eating lunch at Cafe Orleans (Monte Cristo Sandwiches obviously) when Lily saw Tiana. So we jumped the railing around the outdoor seating at the cafe, and had to go say hi. Haha. 

Cars Land is adorable. My smile isn't, so much. 






For Halloween, we went to our church building and watched the 1930s silent film version of Phantom of the Opera with Lon Chaney. WITH LIVE ORGAN ACCOMPANIMENT! It was great. Then, as we were walking home, we saw the Christmas Tree and Ice Skating Rink at the Natural History Museum. Halloween wasn't even officially over before Christmas moved right on in. Haha. 

Stay tuned for November!








No comments:

Post a Comment