Search This Blog

Thursday, May 1, 2014

The Seventy-Second Day: Easter. The Seventy-Third Day, part I: Shakespeare's Birthday at the Globe,

Sunday, April 20:
On Easter Sunday, we woke up, ate a delicious breakfast of hot-cross buns, and went to church! 


And afterward, we spent a lazy day at home. It was lovely and much-needed.

Monday, April 21:

Today, we went to The Globe Theatre to participate in the 450th birthday celebration for the Bard!






They had a bunch of little kids come up to portray Hamlet's death scene (quite inaccurately as Hamlet was poisoned).
"O, I die, Horatio!"
"The rest is silence."
A troupe of improv actors did some stunning scenes in iambic pentameter. 

The face on that guy in the back.
Put a cat on it! 

At one point, asking for volunteers, they asked "Who here is in love?!" I knew if I raised my hand, they'd call on us, because we were front and center. And I knew if they called on us, Chris would be so embarrassed. He hates that kind of thing. 

So I hear the guys onstage say, "Let's pick this guy here!" pointing at Chris.  "Not because he's raising his hand, but because his wife isn't!" My bad, Chris. 

 So, they acted out a love-story in which Chris's love was unrequited. It was pretty hilarious.




A little kid in the audience had a balloon sword, which popped mid-scene. So what do they do? GO WITH IT!



Here's the little theatre, tucked away just off the Thames.


We sneaked away a bit early to catch a bus to the Warner Brother's Studios: Making of Harry Potter! More on that later. I'm still sorting through the (literally) thousands of photos. I've got it narrowed down to 92 to post on the blog. But that's a little Riddikulus.  (Ba dum CHHH!)

Cheers!
Kami & Chris, the Pseudo-Londoners

1 comment: