Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

The Seventy-Fourth Day: Richmond Park Earth Day

Blogging about Europe while I'm living in Utah makes me a little depressed. I miss it. That's why I haven't blogged in a while. That, and I've been shooting full-time at the studio, spending any free time with family, and hunting online for a home in London because WE'RE MOVING BACK IN AUGUST!! 

But I digress, let's talk about what happened on Earth Day

Tuesday, April 22: 

We went with the Baxters to Richmond Park. A lovely place to enjoy nature and the lovely creatures that exist in it. 



I pretty much just want to live in this park. 


Except then these deers will get me. With their giant eyeballs. I don't know what it is, but any time I'm in close proximity with an animal that has a bigger eyeball than mine, I get a little nervous.

 Actually, I'm pretty sure I know why. This clip from my childhood.



The trees in this park are so old and gnarled.
Perfect for imagining that faeries live inside that big knot.
7-year-old me would have loved this place.
Heck, 25-year-old me loves this place.










We followed the deer up the small hill and it opened onto a clearing just FULL of deer! 



All the ones laying down are mamas protecting little nestlings. 





We left the deer haven, and walked to Isabelle Plantation, which is a fenced off garden area inside the park. And it's STUNNING. 


Kami Weddick in her natural habitat. 


Look how cute these Baxters are! 


A lovely, lovely Earth Day indeed. 

Cheers!
Kami & Chris, the Pseudo-Londoners

P.S. Remember that bit about us MOVING BACK! Yeah, that's happening. We're excited and terrified at the same time. Sad to leave everyone and everything we know and love in Utah, but excited for a new adventure. We'll be in the States until mid-August. 


No comments:

Post a Comment